Keep your hand up if one of your new year’s resolutions is to lose weight…
Ok, hands down. I’ve got a not-so-revolutionary concept that is not a diet, will not cost you a dime (you will actually save money), and will help you lose weight.
Side note… I am not a healthcare professional, nor a dietitian, but what I am about to tell you is not a secret, it’s not some crazy diet, and it’s not a get-rich-quick scheme. It’s simple, and anyone can do it (please read Step 0 below).
Ok, ready? Here it is in three simple words.
You may thing I’m joking, but I’m not. You can continue to eat the exact same things you love to eat, including dessert… just eat less of it!
So, what to do today?
Step 0: Check with your doctor to be sure that it is safe for you to make any changes in your eating habits or exercise program.
Step 1: Get a pocket notebook and pen that you will carry with you everywhere you go.
Step 2: For one week you will take notes of EVERYTHING you eat and drink, and how much of it you eat and drink.
Step 3: Reduce the amount of food you eat. I’ll let you and your doctor decide how much less is OK for you.
If you get hungry, you can eat as much fresh fruit and vegetables as you want. I always recommend buying organic!
Step 4: Stick with this routine and keep an eye on the scale.
Additional things you can do to speed up the process:
1. Start doing an easy exercise activity daily, like going for a walk after dinner instead of watching TV.
2. Stop eating at least 2 hours before you go to bed.
3. Drink a cup of your favorite herbal tea before each meal.
4. Tell other people what you are doing… maybe they’ll join you! Doing something with a friend always makes it more fun! Statistics show that between 2/3 and 3/4 of American adults are overweight.
5. Eat more vegetarian or vegan foods instead of meat.
There you have it. Now you can’t use the excuse of, “I could never give up ice cream”.