If you live in an area that doesn’t get a lot of summer rainfall, watering the garden can become expensive and often wasteful (especially during drought years). Good news… there are several ways to reduce your garden’s water consumption and still have healthy plants.So, what to do today?
- Choose plants that use less water
- Install drip irrigation
- Hand water rather than use a sprinkler system
- Install a rainwater reclamation system
- Use a watering can to catch shower water until it’s warm
- Add a layer of mulch to your garden